Every year, thousands of burlesque professionals, peers and fans vote for their TOP 50 Burlesque Industry Figures, and the results are in for the Burlesque TOP 50 2016. If you are new to this extremely popular process, please read the Burlesque TOP 50 Essential Guide here.
The Burlesque TOP 50 2016 is sponsored by
- Miss Exotic World 2nd Runner Up, Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend 2016
- Head of Legend Matters and producer of Titans of Tease, Burlesque Hall of Fame
- Producer: Sweet Soiree Events and Entertainment
- Teacher: Studio Sweet
2016 Appearances: New York Burlesque Festival, Minneapolis Burlesque Festival, Texas Burlesque Festival, Vancouver International Burlesque Festival, Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend.
29. Hazel Honeysuckle
- Crowned ‘Princess of Southern Exposure’ at the Great Southern Exposure Pageant 2015
- Core member of Wasabassco, New York
2016 Appearances: Mason Dixie Burlesque US Tour, Twirly Whirly Burly-Q 2016 Tour, solo European tour.
- Producer of The Tassel D’Or
- ‘Best Burlesque’, Best of Montreal Cult MTL awards 2016
2016 Appearances: Montreal Burlesque Festival, New Orleans Burlesque Festival
- Co-Producer and founder of Speakeasy Burlesque including Le Grand Cabaret starring Dita Von Teese.
2016 Appearances: Performances in Montreal, Bike & Tattoo Show Canada.
27. David Bishop
- Stage manager for countless prestigious burlesque productions including Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend, Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend Burlesque Showcase, and the New York Burlesque Festival.
- Professional stage manager since 1998. 20 years experience working in the performing arts (backstage and onstage), and over 15 years experience in burlesque.
- BA in Theatre, Music and Dance.
- 2016 appearances include the Smoky Mountain Burlesque Festival as ‘The Bishop of Burlesque’.
26. Coco Lectric
- Director, Austin Academy of Burlesque
- BurlyCon Board President
- Co-producer, Texas Burlesque Festival
- Producer, World Go Go Championship
- Co-founded Jigglewatts Burlesque Revue
- Founder, Austin Burlesque Alliance
2016 Appearances: 2016 Tour of Europe (Germany, Paris, Italy). Performer: Texas Burlesque Festival, Viva Las Vegas Burlesque Showcase. Headliner: Oklahoma City Burlesque Festival, Arizona Burlesque Festival. Featured Producer: Texas Queerlesque Festival.
25. Mister Gorgeous
- ‘Best Boylesque’ Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend 2014
2016 Appearances: Headliner: Minneapolis Burlesque Festival, Smoky Mountain Burlesque Festival, Burly! Burlesque for the Boys: Official Tampa Pride Pre-Party. Performer: New York Burlesque Festival, New York Boylesque Festival, Theatre Bizarre.
24. Velma Von Bon Bon
- Instructor at Airborn Academy
- Announced: Brussels and Sweden dates 2017
2016 Appearances: Performer: Caput Mundi Burlesque Awards, (Italy) Cariad Ink Tattoo Festival (Wales), Haworth Steampunk Weekend, Filly Follies Velvet Voyage (Munich) Burlesque on the Beat (Lyon). Headliner: Hebden Bridge Burlesque Festival 2016.
23. Scarlett Martini
- Founder, Rome Burlesque School
- Producer, Beautiful Freaks Burlesque Show
2016 Appearances: Headliner: Rome Burlesque Festival, Barcelona Burlesque Festival. Performer: Bohemian Burlesque Festival, Berlin Burlesque Week.
22. Christina Manuge
- Proprietor of Manuge et Toi Corsetry and Burlesque Costume Design. Creating bespoke corsets and lavish costumes for clients all over the world including Dita Von Teese, Roxi D’Lite, Kalani Kokonuts, Sassy Von Straddler, Coco Framboise and Tanya Cheeks.
21. Ginger Valentine
- Teacher, Ginger Valentine’s Burlesque Charm School at The Ruby Room Studio
- 2nd Runner Up MEW 2015 and 2014
- Member of the Ruby Revue (Best Troupe, Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend 2014)
2016 Appearances: Performer: Dita Von Teese’s Strip Strip Hooray! tour 2016 (Australia and US), Dallas Burlesque Festival, Houston Burlesque Festival, Viva Las Vegas Burlesque Showcase.