The Burlesque Hall of Fame is preparing to celebrate an epic, milestone year, marking the 50th Anniversary of the Burlesque Hall of Fame and the 58th Annual Striptease Reunion. The full 2015 showcase line-up has now been published, including the title contenders for the 25th Annual Tournament of Tease.
Among the mix of established and less well known faces who will take to the stage on Saturday 6th June, it is notable that there are no contenders from the UK or the rest of Europe this year. Australia will surely be celebrating its record four entries in the competition: Sina King battles for The Big One, Charlie D. Barkle will compete for Best Boylesque, while the delicious Alyssa Kitt and exciting up-and-comer Zelia Rose will bring it in the Best Debut category.
There were excited reactions to drag king Lou Henry Hoover‘s inclusion in the Best Boylesque category, and Lou will also be competing for Best Small Group with partner in love and showbiz Kitten LaRue. Seattle icon Waxie Moon and rising star Matt Finish will compete with Lou for Best Boylesque, and Texas songbird Renee Holiday and New York’s Bunny Buxom will take to the huge Orleans Showroom stage in the hope of winning Best Debut.
After a truly baffling absence from last year’s Miss Exotic World line-up (her outstanding performance on the Sunday night said it all really), Perle Noire joins nine other hopefuls competing for burlesque’s most prestigious and coveted title this year. She is joined by the terrific Trixie Little, 2nd Runner Up 2013 Lola Frost, Texan bombshell Coco Lectric, Best Debut 2012 Ruby Joule, last year’s 2nd Runner Up Ginger Valentine, the taptastic Gin Minsky, tassel twirling powerhouse Peekaboo Pointe, Australian hopeful Sina King, and the raunchy Redbone.
Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend 2015 Tournament of Tease
- Charlie D. Barkle (Perth, Australia)
- Lou Henry Hoover (New York, New York/Seattle, Washington)
- Matt Finish (Tucson, Arizona)
- Waxie Moon (Seattle, Washington)
- Circus de Moccos (Mayu, Hayashi & Takahiro, Nakano)
- Gin Minsky & Perle Noire (Brooklyn, New York & New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Kitten N’ Lou (New York, New York/Seattle, Washington)
- The Original Twins (Seattle, Washington)
- Cheesecake Burlesque Revue (Victoria, Canada)
- Don’t Blink Burlesque (Tucson, Arizona)
- Jenny Rocha & Her Painted Ladies (Brooklyn, New York)
- Sizzling Sirens Burlesque Experience (Sacramento, California)
- August Wiled (Vancouver, Canada)
- Bunny Buxom (New York, New York)
- Miss Alyssa Kitt (Brisbane, Australia)
- Pastel Supernova (Toronto, Canada)
- Poison Ivory (New York, New York)
- Raven Virginia (Calgary, Canada)
- Renee Holiday (Dallas, Texas)
- Ruby Champagne (Los Angeles, California)
- Tova de Luna (Seattle, Washington)
- Zelia Rose (Melbourne, Australia)
Miss Exotic World
- Coco Lectric (Austin, Texas)
- Gin Minsky (Brooklyn, New York)
- Ginger Valentine (Dallas, Texas)
- Lola Frost (Vancouver, Canada)
- RedBone (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Peekaboo Pointe (Brooklyn, New York)
- Perle Noire (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Ruby Joule (Austin, Texas)
- Trixie Little (New York, New York)
- Sina King (Melbourne, Australia)
For the full Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend 2015 line-up, visit bhofweekend.com.
Share your thoughts on this year’s competition line-up below!
Quoted in major international newspapers and held in high esteem and affection by the international burlesque community, 21st Century Burlesque Magazine has documented the contemporary burlesque scene since 2007. Founded and edited by Holli-Mae Johnson.