“I spoke to Fannie Annie on the phone today and she could barely talk. Her health has been failing at a rapid rate. Her liver is failing and she is bed ridden. She is a loving, funny, interesting woman with so many amazing stories to share. I’ve learned a lot from her and laughed real hard along the way. So many of us are not ready to see her go. She’s received great support so far from the burlesque community, and I am so grateful for everyone coming together and for a website like Indiegogo to make it happen. We only need $3,369 to reach our goal of $10,000 for her down payment for her surgery…”
Roxi D’Lite (Reigning Queen of Burlesque 2010)
Taken from the Indiegogo Campagn Page… (40 hours left!)
“Big Fannie Annie has been in show business her whole life – movies, TV shows, commercials, music videos, live stage shows, plays, stand up comedy, and burlesque exotic dancer.
- Big Fannie Annie is in immediate need of gastric bypass surgery. Her doctors are requesting $10,000 as a down payment to perform the surgery. The surgery will cost in excess of $16,000.
- She does not have health insurance, is not yet a Senior Citizen and struggles financially.
- Big Fannie Annie has been diabetic for many years. As she ages, her body has become unable to process insulin injections. Her vital organs are failing. She recently had eye surgery to save her eyesight. Her doctors state the gastric-bypass surgery is her only option to assist with the severe progression of her diabetes. Without it, she will die.
You can learn more about Fannie Annie on her website (contains partial nude images, NSFW):
Your Contribution Can:
- SAVE HER LIFE!
Her doctor wants to perform this surgery as soon as possible, but we need some money first.
- Be eligible for the perks listed in this campaign. You can also purchase some items directly from Fannie Annie via her website. Http://www.bigfannieannie.com .
Please donate what you can, or just help spread the word. Thank you so much.
We love Fannie Annie so much:
– Big Fannie Annie paved the way for many a BBW comedian and performer. Her hilarious jokes, appearances and performances proved world-wide that a body that big, could also be a HUGE talent. Losing her because of something so cruel like needing surgery, would create an even bigger hole in our hearts and arts community.
– The joy and wonder that she brings, whether through her art of performances or her beautiful costumes, is not a talent that should suffer and die painfully.
Other ways you can help. We know there are a lot of causes and needs in the world today. We understand when $10.00 is just too much to donate.
– Please pass along the link to this fundraiser,
– “LIKE” our page on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/GetWellFannieAnnie
– Every effort helps save Fannie Annie’s life!!
Thank you so much for all of your love and support to keep this legend alive and on the road to recovery.“